Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

New Year's Eve 2011.  I can't say I'm sorry to see 2011 go.  It has not been a good year for me.  Although death is part of life and dad lived a good, full life, his passing has impacted me more than I would have thought.  Intellectually I knew as 2011 began that we had only a few years at best before he and mom would be gone.  But to actually have him gone, to know that in this life I can't ask his advice or talk to him, has hurt more than I thought.  With all that needs to be done for mom, I think I have not completed the grieving process for him that I need to.  I hope that in 2012 I can do that so that the new year will be better.  In the meantime, good riddance 2011.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Here's hoping 2012 is much better! Love you dad!

BRAD and LEAH said...

yes lets get over 2011 and start 2012 off right! Dad you are the best and I love you! Grandpa is watching over and he's proud of you! :)